DevOps Engineer – full-time (d/f/m)
- Ansicht(en) 3
Who We Are
We are Itembase. A San Francisco-based company with offices in North America and Europe. We’re working with industry leaders like Mastercard, UPS, Lightspeed and Magento; backed by investors and founders of billion-dollar companies, we’re on a mission to conquer the World of Commerce to enable technology driven sustainable consumption.
We believe that technology is capable of solving much of the unsustainable impact we humans have created for ourselves, but that this won’t happen without the extraordinary human drive, passion and direction. Our Scandinavian Heritage has taught us that the best way to make an impact is by ferociously pursuing your mission like the conquering Vikings. Our Mission is to enable a lasting transition to technology driven sustainable consumption thereby enabling
consumers and companies to make the most of their purchases.
We do that by building connectivity technologies that connect brands, merchants, consumers and their software to enable automation of processes leading up to or following the purchase of a product or service. Our Technologies enable more efficient processes through connectivity and an improved purchase experience allowing
business to develop new sustainable business models.
Our iPaaS provides companies from the Financial and Fulfillment Sector a way to power their Processes and Applications for Merchants and Consumers with Item-Level Data that enable over 100 different Optimization and Sustainability Use-Cases.
Once using our iPaaS for Item-Level Commerce Connectivity Companies can leverage different Applications to accelerate the transition. Applications that can be deployed count the Advisor Technology, Market Insights or our Reporting Suite, which can be used for setting Connectivity Strategy, creating Personal Finance Management
Applications, SMB Business Advisors or enable Visibility in your Organization around your connectivity strategy, impact and position in the Era of Amazon.
Who We’re Looking For
Itembase is looking for a seasoned DevOps Engineer (m/f/n) to produce scalable, secure and reproducible infrastructure solutions. You’ll be part of a cross-functional team that’s responsible for supporting our Software engineers in the software development life cycle, from conception to deployment and establish robust yet flexible processes by enabling your colleagues to work at their best.
Furthermore all topics around infrastructure will be your main responsibility
Come join us in this
high-paced role with direct impact and work with the most innovative people in the company on transitioning an industry while transforming your career.
Itembase is an equal
opportunity employer and firmly believes in diversity. It takes diversity of
thought, culture, background, and perspective to create a truly changing IT eco-system that supports creating sustainable consumption technology.
- Design and implementation, build, deployment,
and configuration management using terraform and ansible
- Build and test automation tools for infrastructure provisioning
- Handle code deployments in all environments
- Monitor metrics and develop ways to improve
- Provide technical guidance and educate team members and coworkers on development
- Build, maintain, and monitor configuration standards
- Maintain day-to-day management and administration of projects
- Manage CI and CD tools with team
- Document and design various processes; update existing processes
- Improve infrastructure development and application development
- Follow all best practices and procedures as established by the company
Who we hope you are or want to become (Requirements).
- Proven track record in building and provision Infrastructure on major cloud providers: Azure,
- Expertise with the following technologies: Hashicorp Nomad, Consul,
Vault, Kafka, Docker, Packer, Linux, Redis, Jenkins, Bitbucket,
Prometheus, Grafana, ELK
- Extensive experience designing and writing robust software for
large scale applications in a fast changing environment with rapid release
- Proven interest and passion for some of the following topics:
DevOps, Software Architecture, Project Management, Process development,
- Ability to work and inspire highly skilled engineers
- Excellent communicator
- Initiative, autonomy and personal drive
- Expertise in web architecture and key technologies (HTTP, DNS,
distributed design, LBs, Caching)
- The ability to influence diverse and senior stakeholders
Itembase is committed
to hiring and developing top talent from around the world for any given
discipline according to our Viking principles. Itembase Vikings ask “why
not” instead of “why” and are committed to conquering the World of
Commerce “Viking Style”. Together we fight every battle and leave our ego at
home so we can pursue the company goal during practice, preparation and battle.
Each member of the team is expected to challenge and to be challenged, to
create, and to innovate. We’re conquering one of the world’s biggest markets by
attacking some of the most powerful legacy systems — and we wouldn’t succeed
without our shared goal for making the world a better place.
- Tangible Impact from day one through direct involvement and
- A talented team that is invested in you and your professional
- Opportunity to work with Worldclass Brands to change an Industry.
- Clear career path and growth opportunities within the company
Employment Outlook and Salary Information
You will join our team as a full-time Senior DevOps Engineer and receive a Compensation Package that includes Stock Options and opportunities to invest in current and future funding rounds. We’re interviewing candidates with different levels of experience as we have learned
the results can be achieved in different ways as long as the motivation and work spirit fits.
The Role comes with the possibility to grow to the Team lead DevOps further down the growth trajectory of the Company.