Senior Frontend Engineer (m/w) – Berlin or remote
- Ansicht(en) 4
wealthAPI is a tech-driven Finance startup (FinTech) aiming to change the way we plan and manage our wealth. Our customers integrate our APIs and services into a wide range of financial applications; always with one aim: improve the way we manage and plan our wealth. wealthAPI is primarily owned by its founders and operates under a long-term growth strategy.
At wealthAPI, we live an open discussion culture, decide together and develop as a team. Your are encouraged to take your own decisions and actively shape our products.
We combine technical excellency with a deep understanding of financial markets. Sharing knowledge is part of the “wealthAPI DNA”.
We love our work – and are passionate about our products.
- Work in a small team and as such take product assignments and lead them to completion. You will be responsible for all the phases of planning, development and delivery.
- Actively participate in architectural design and decision-making.
- Conduct code peer-reviews and attend retrospectives to plan and execute improvements as a team
- Implement a configurable design system that allows for fast and easy white-labeling
- Use modern technologies: TypeScript, React.js, React Query, Jest, Cypress, gcloud, Kubernetes, Docker
- Get involved in technological projects together with experienced Engineers and further improve our architecture, scalability and security to fulfil the need of our ever growing solution
- Demonstrate great communication, ownership, accountability and team play skills. You are not “just” a developer – you will always think about our product and how to improve the experience for our customers.
- 5+ years of development experience
- Strong development experience in React.js (at least 2 years)
- Test Driven Development
- Extensive unit testing or E2E skills (Cypress or similar framework)
- Experience with TypeScript is a huge plus
- Experience with Material UI framework
- Experience React Query or similar framework
- Experience with Cypress
- Knowledge of financial products and the stock market
- Willingness to learn about new technologies
- Use data or reliable source of information to drive the decision making during discussion, design or implementation phases
- Have the ability to take on complex problems, learn quickly, and persist towards a good solution
- Be conscious about speed of delivery vs quality of code and find the best balance
- English is mandatory
- German is a plus
We are a compact team that focuses on personal and professional growth. We discuss openly, decide in the team and implement together.
We combine technical excellence with a deep understanding of financial markets. Learning from each other is part of the “wealthAPI DNA”.
We are passionate about what we are doing – and achieve because we love what we are doing.
We solve real life investment problems together with a vibrant user base and see the immediate value of that.
You learn to invest, about financial products and how to manage your money.
We believe in automation. We automate anything and everything that can improve our productivity and focus.
We write our own tests and we test our own solutions which helps us learn more and understand our customers better.
wealthAPI is an equal career opportunity no matter your gender, identity, race or religion.
We value transparency, close collaboration, and a slight amount of chaos in our work because it makes us faster and more creative.